Health and Care Tips To Keep Your Cat Healthy and Happy
Are you considering adopting a car, or have you just adopted one? You must be excited to have your new cat in your home and take care of them. And to provide them a healthy and happy life, you must know how to take care of them properly. While cats may need much attention and care, they are one of the best companions in life.
Professional veterinarians in Affordable Vet Care TX give some tips to take good care of your cat properly.
- Groom Regularly
- Your cat will benefit a lot from regular brushing or combing, whether it has short or long fur. While self-grooming, your cat may ingest some dead hair. So, to avoid this from happening, remove the dead hair from their coat by brushing or combing their fur regularly. This will also give you an opportunity to familiarize yourself with your cat’s body and notice some changes and irregularities, such as bumps, lumps, or sore spots that have to be checked by your veterinarian immediately.
- Keep Their Teeth Clean
- Tartar may develop on your cat’s teeth, causing gum disease and tooth decay. Bacteria may accumulate on their teeth and enter their bloodstream, causing other feline diseases. Unfortunately, cats don't brush like humans, and most cats do not allow their owners to brush their teeth. Schedule a dental cleaning with your veterinarian once a year to keep your cat’s teeth in good condition.
- Give Fresh Water Every Day
- Give your cat clean, fresh water every day because it is essential for their health. You may give them water in a bowl or provide them with a tall glass if they don’t drink from a bowl or a cat fountain. Ensure to change and refill their water every day.
- Schedule Regular Veterinary Visits
- Regular veterinary visits are an essential part of preventive care of your cat. This will give the veterinarian an opportunity to detect any potential diseases or problems in their early stages, administer vaccines, and clean the cat’s teeth. Your vet can tell you if your cat is in good condition and if there is something you need to know about their condition. Contact Affordable Vet Care TX to schedule your regular visits.
- Various diseases can be fatal or deadly for your cat. Getting your cat vaccinated can help them prevent many diseases that may harm them, such as rabies. Aside from protecting them from these diseases, you may also protect your family as some diseases can be transmitted to humans. Contact us for our affordable pet care TX and vaccinations.
- Spaying or neutering your cat can prevent various reproductive diseases such as ovarian cancers, breast tumors, uterine infections, testicular cancer, and prostate problems. Desexing will also lessen the male cat’s urge to roam and eliminate his urge to spray to mark his territory. And lastly, this procedure helps to reduce the problem of pet overpopulation.
- Have Enough Litter Boxes
- It is important to have sufficient litter boxes for your cat and keep them clean to encourage good litter box habits. Regular cleaning allows you to notice any changes in your cat’s stool or urine that may indicate some health issues that you have to bring up to your Vet San Antonio.